[Gate-users] energy of secondary electrons in process

Dimitri DWORAK dimitridworak at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:36:59 CEST 2010

Hello
Sorry to ask a lot of questions but Gate keep some secrets for me.

I have try some simulations on Gate V5 and the Virtual Machine of Gate and I notice some differences.

-    When I test the example of ECAT geometry and I plot the histogram of energies deposit by hits in the crystal
I obtain two different configurations for the V5, I have one peak at 511keV especially photoelectric but for the Virtual Gate,
I have 8 peaks whose some of them which are at the binding energy of the crystal’s atoms and the others peaks are class in
electro ionization process  .

Gate V5 seems to regroup all the energy deposit by a process (Compton or photoelectric) and Virtual Gate (V6) seems to separate
energy deposit by the photon and the energy lost after by the electron eject in this same process. If in the physic list I just put photoelectric
effect I have just the binding energy of the crystal’s atoms.

Can you confirm that to me ?
Are there a command line at add in Virtual Gate to addition all the energy deposit by just one effect (binding energy + ejected electron + X-ray +Auger  for photoelectric  or   photon  +  electron for Compton) like in the V5.

It seems for me that the difference between the two example is the line /gate/physics/setElectronCut 1 m in V5 which has no equivalent in the virtual example
because if i remove it i have the same histogram with binding energy.
What is the equivalent  of this command line in Virtual Gate  i have try /gate/physics/Electron/SetCutInRegion world 1 m but i lose all the energy of secondary
electrons, it is not add to the process energy like in V5.

Thanks to help

DWORAK Dimitri