[Gate-users] problem with online plotter

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 16:29:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

You have to compile GATE saying explicitly that you further want to use
RootPlotter.
To do this set the variable G4ANALYSIS_USE_ROOT_PLOTTER to 1.
See in the env_gate.sh, there is a line with "unset
G4ANALYSIS_USE_ROOT_PLOTTER", comment it and uncomment the line just above
"export G4ANALYSIS_USE_ROOT_PLOTTER 1".
Then you have to recompile GATE. Go in the GATE root directory
"gate_v6.0.p01" and source the environement "source env_gate.sh", then type
"make clean", and finally type "make" (this can take some time  ...).

Sorry this option was not enabled by default in vGate.

Hope it works,
Simon