[Gate-users] SPECT projection/ output interfile

Uwe Pietrzyk u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jul 14 23:29:20 CEST 2010

Hi Anne,

I am not quite sure, whether this is something peculiar with vGATE6,
but you should be able to run the benchSPECT.mac file you can find
under the benchmarks in the home directory of GATE.

The system has to be of type SPECThead like:

/gate/world/daughters/name SPECThead
/gate/world/daughters/insert box
/gate/SPECThead/geometry/setXLength  7. cm
/gate/SPECThead/geometry/setYLength 21. cm
/gate/SPECThead/geometry/setZLength 30. cm
... from benchSPECT.mac
Further down in this file you can also find the lines:

# P R O J E C T I O N
#####
# Makes a set of projections from the crystal hits
# Define the binning the projection module to be used
##

/gate/output/projection/enable
/gate/output/projection/setFileName gate
/gate/output/projection/pixelSizeX 0.904 mm
/gate/output/projection/pixelSizeY 0.904 mm
/gate/output/projection/pixelNumberX 128
/gate/output/projection/pixelNumberY 128

# Specify the projection plane (XY, YZ or ZX)
##
/gate/output/projection/projectionPlane YZ

I have no experience with vGATE6 though, since I use linux and MacOSX
for GATE, but it works for my applications.

I hope this is helpful!

Kind regards,

Uwe

-----