[Gate-users] RE : X-ray in GATE6.0.0

Thibault Frisson frisson at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Sun Feb 28 14:54:13 CET 2010

Hi,

You should use:
/gate/physics/Gamma/SetCutInRegion  Your_Volume_Name  1 km
/gate/physics/Electron/SetCutInRegion  Your_Volume_Name  1 km

You can defined a production threshold for each volume. The thresholds are
defined as distances. For more informations:
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V6:Cut_and_Variance_Reduction_Technics

best regards,

Thibault

> Dear Jan
> my means is both of them, specially for cut applied for secondary
> X-rays(eg:
> characteristic X-rays) and delta rays.
> in GATE6 the physics process definition is changed and is not the same as
> GATE4,5.
> in GATE4 we can use
>
> /gate/physics/setXRayCut 1. GeV
> /gate/physics/setDeltaRayCut 1. GeV
>
> commands to inactive X-Rays and delta rays but can I use it in GATE6 too?
> regards
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:20 PM, JAN Sebastien <sebastien.jan at cea.fr>
> wrote:
>

>> What do you mean ?
>> Particle production relative to process definitions or cut applied on
>> secondary production ?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Seb
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> De: gate-users-bounces at lists.opengatecollaboration.org de la part de
>> AliAsghar Parach
>> Date: sam. 27/02/2010 22:04
>> À: gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org
>> Objet : [Gate-users] X-ray in GATE6.0.0
>>

>> Dear Gaters
>> how can one enable or disable the X-ray production(without
>> bremsstrahlung)
>> and delta rays in GATE 6.0.0 physics process?
>> (it was defined in GATE4,5 but work not properly).
>>
>> best regards
>> --
>> Ali Asghar Parach,Ph.D. student in Medical Physics,Tarbiat Modares
>> University,Tehran,Iran
>>

> --
> Ali Asghar Parach,Ph.D. student in Medical Physics,Tarbiat Modares
> University,Tehran,Iran

Thibault Frisson, Phd
Post-doctorant

Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
Service de radiothérapie
28 rue Laënnec
69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51