[Gate-users] unwanted scatter events in primary spectrum

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 03:16:05 CEST 2010

Hi Samuel,

Did you try a point source forced to emit along a line directly in a huge
unique crystal made of a material with extremely high Z, and everything in
vacuum ?? :-)
Otherwise, if it will not result in a "segmentation violation", try the same
experience but defining the world (or an object of the same size than the
world) made of crystal material and attached as crystalSD, and with the
point source inside in the center.

And did your Tc99m emit only 140,5 keV gamma rays ??

At least, use the G4tracking verbosity, set a pause after each singles
detection with an abnormal energy, and track the particles by your eyes :-)

Good luck !
Simon