[Gate-users] Complete list of Root Variables

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:08:51 CEST 2009

Hi Nicoleta,

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Pauna Nicoleta <pauna at clermont.in2p3.fr>wrote:

> Hello Joe,
>
> I found a data output description in Gate Users Guide:  the chapter
> concerning the ASCII output (Chapter 10).
>
> I have also a question concerning the root trees: whici is the difference
> between  "Singles", SinglesReadout" and "SinglesAdder"?. Same question for
> "Coincidences" and "FinalCoinc".

The tree "Singles" is the final Singles after passing through your digitizer
modules. And the other ones are your Singles after each module.
See the scheme below (hope the layout is kept safe !)

Digitizer chain:                       Output

Original Singles                      Nothing
        Adder                           SinglesAdder
       Readout                      SinglesReadout
     Blablabla1                  SinglesBlablabla1
     Blablabla2                  SinglesBlablabla2
         End                                 Singles

You can disable the creation of the intermediate trees.
And for your coincidences, I am not sure, but I think the tree
"Coincidences" is the default coincidences chain and the FinalCoinc tree is
a new one that was manually created.

Hope it helps,
All the best,
Simon