[Gate-users] Hits on Voxelized Phantom

Jan Mickelle V. Maratas jmmaratas at physics.msuiit.edu.ph
Wed Mar 4 05:41:28 CET 2009

Dear gaters,

I am currently simulating a SPECThead scanner system and a
Zubal-torso-voxelized phantom. I successfully simulated it
with the output dosage file.

However, I also want the informations on hits, energydeposit,
angle, etc, specifically in the VOXELIZED PHANTOM. It seems like
I can not do it right.

I attached the the /SPECThead/crystal in my Field-Of-View detector,
which is actually the whole world space. An then I attached the
VOXELIZED PHANTOM in the /SPECThead/pixel. And also I attached a
sensitive detector (attachedCrystalSD) to both the Field-Of-View
and the VOXELIZED PHANTOM. You might be wondering why I have a
detector that covers the whole world volume. Though my interest
is on the events that occur in the voxelized phantom (because I am
concern on the dosage measurement), I have to create a detector
and attached it to a system, in my case the SPECThead system.

The resulting hits information (in the root file) however
corresponds only in the space of the whole world minus the space
covered by the voxelized phantom. Why is it like this? Is there a
way I can obtain the hit informations occuring in the voxelized
phantom?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Jan Mickelle V. Maratas
   Physics Department, MSU - Iligan Institute of Technology
   A. Bonifacio Avenue, 9200 Iligan City, Philippines
   Email: jmmaratas at gmail.com,
          jmmaratas at physics.msuiit.edu.ph