[Gate-users] OpenGL Issue

Albert Hirtl albert.hirtl at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 3 16:08:39 CET 2009

Dear Gate users,

I finally managed to install Gate on my machine running under Scientific
Linux 5.2. However, how could it be any different, another problem
occurred. It ist related to OpenGL. When I give the command:

/vis/open OGLSX

the window that is opened is frozen and I get the message:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5b

Of course, this is not directly related to Gate, but if anybody
encountered the same problem and found a solution, it would be very much
appreciated. I did already a lot of searching in the internet and
several people have that problem, but no real solution was given. I am
using an Intel graphics adapter with chipset Q35.
For the moment I bypassed the problem by using DAWN, but with dawn one
can not really see live what kind of geometry one is setting up.

By the way, did anybody manage to install Gate on Fedora 10?

Cheers,
Albert

--
Albert Hirtl