[Gate-users] Meaning of the positron annihilation distance?

Park MinJae MJ at ToTi.us
Fri Jun 26 07:25:16 CEST 2009

Dear Gaters,

I found the equation in Gate source...
G4ThreeVector posAnnihilDist = m_positronAnnihilPos -
m_positronGenerationPos;

Therefore, I can conclude that the positron annihilation distance is a
distance from positron generated position to positron annihilated
position...so called positron range...

However, accroding to PMB 44:781-799, 1999, maximum positron range of F-18
is 2mm and peak at the center is higher.

This is quite different from the result of Gate simulation...

I simulated again with the water sphere (r=35mm) and Flour18 positron source
at center (r=0.001mm sphere).

I got the same graph which I attached...

Look forward any comments...

Cordially yours,
MJ

//  Park MinJae