[Gate-users] How is the raw sinogram data organized [288, 288, 1024]?

Arda Konik arda-konik at uiowa.edu
Tue Jul 7 08:48:31 CEST 2009

Hi,
How is the raw sinogram data organized ? That is, for which values of
Z  the 2D sinograms are direct and oblique in [ 288,288, Z ] and how
can I find Z values in terms of ring difference and axial position?
The explanation in the user manual is not clear to me. In an earlier
email (copied here) I tried to explain this organization for 4 rings
but the rules/pattern doesn't seem to apply for 32 rings
I will be glad if someone could clarify this for a 32 ring (or better
n -ring) ECAT scanner
Thanks,

arda konik