[Gate-users] GATE5 voxel_phantom

AliAsghar Parach aaparach at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:03:32 CEST 2009

Dear gate users!
hi
I installed GATE5.0.0 (with Geant4.9.1.p02, clhep_2.0.3.2,root_v5.14)
successfully.
I defined a voxelised sphere phantom with point sources on it's center. If I
visualize the geometry with OpenGL, things seem OK(see attachment). But When
I start a run, I have this error message:

*PANIC! - G4SmartVoxelHeader::BuildNodes()
         Daughter physical volume sph_129Voxel_PVP
         is entirely outside mother logical volume sph_129_L !!

*** G4Exception : InvalidSetup
      issued by : G4SmartVoxelHeader::BuildNodes()
Overlapping daughter with mother volume.
*** Fatal Exception *** core dump ***

*** G4Exception: Aborting execution ***
Aborted*

The world is 100*100*100 cm^3 and sphere is in it's center with the radius
of about 13cm.

I could run this geometry in GATE4.0.0 but in GATE5.0.0 it shows that error.

I used hoffman phantom in gate examples and the results is the same as
sphere phantom.

 If someone can find where I am wrong ... thanks!

--
Ali Asghar Parach,Ph.D. student in Medical Physics,Tarbiat Modares
University,Tehran,Iran