[Gate-users] Cluster and multicores

Rebecca Gregory Rebecca.Gregory at icr.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 15:59:59 CET 2009

I created my macros for the default cluster type. I just didn't specify
one. The 2 macros seem to run on each of the CPUs of my duocore mackbook
pro, because the simulation runs twice as fast now.

Rebecca Gregory
The Joint Department of Physics,
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
and Institute of Cancer Research,
Downs Road, Sutton,
Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
>>> <e.pasca at nki.nl> 01/16/09 10:40 AM >>>
Dear all,

now that I managed to run Gate, it comes the time to make it run faster!
I have understood that there are already some Cluster_Tools, in a
subdirectory of Gate's tree with that name.
I have compiled such tools.

New dilemmas appear: what type of cluster should I compile it for?
openmosix - condor - openPBS - xgrid?
Second: is my machine with 4 CPUs any of those type of cluster?

Thanks

Edoardo