[Gate-users] Simulation of a MicroPET II

Peter Stenk tigerspost at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 22:05:05 CET 2009

Hello!

I'm very new to Gate and I have solved quite some problems on my own. I think geant4.9.1 and gate_v4.0.0 is installed properly by now and I try to simulate a MicroPET II scanner.

I got some information about the geometry of this scanner so I think I built it correct. (30 rsectors, 3 submodules per rsector, 14x14 crystals with a diameter of 160mm and axial length of 49mm. The recursive_test says, no overlapping, everything fine)...

The problem is, I did some tests and I got a sensitivity of less than 1% in the center of the scanner. But as far as my information tells, it should be around 2.26%

I still did not find out, how to program the following part of the scanners description: "A barium sulphate reflector material was used between LSO elements leading to a detector pitch of 1.15 mm in both axial and transverse directions. Fused optical fibre bundles were made from 90 µm diameter glass fibres with a numerical aperture of 0.56." Would this make such a great difference? How do I get the material information of the barium sulphate reflector material?

Is there anyone who already did manage to simulate the MicroPET II?

Thanks for your help.
Peter

P.S.: Here is an abstract that contains some information on the MicroPET II: http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0031-9155/48/11/303
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a