[Gate-users] How to define a slant cylinder hole through a plate

Cui, Yonggang ycui at bnl.gov
Wed Dec 30 21:20:05 CET 2009

Hi Catarina,

Thanks for your answer.

The cylinder will be Air.  I assume that the cylinder is the daughter of the plate.  If I define the plate as 1 cm thick, the cylinder will be higher than 1 cm so I can get a through-hole.  In this case, the daughter (cylinder) is not included fully in the mother (the plate).  Does this violate the rules of building volume?  From the user's guide,

1.	A volume which is located inside another must be its daughter;
2.	A daughter must be fully included in its mother;
3.	Volumes must not overlap.

Yonggang