[Gate-users] compilation of Gate 5.0.0

Ida Häggström ida.haggstrom at radfys.umu.se
Mon Aug 24 11:15:29 CEST 2009

Hello again!
I found another solution that I think works just as well, maybe even a
better idea!
Instead of changing the G4TMP and G4BIN in your make-files, type "make" once
first so you get the error about not finding libGate.so....
Look in your gate home directory under temp (gate_v5.0.0/tmp/Linux-g++/Gate)
where you should hopefully find a bunch of files, including libGate.so. Copy
all those files and move to your working directory under the same path:
G4Work/tmp/Linux-g+/Gate.
type "make" in your terminal again and I think it should work! It now find
all those files... anyway, you should get the executable file "Gate" in your
working directory under bin/Linux-g++ I think. You have to copy the
libGate.so file into that same directory otherwise it will not be found when
trying to run Gate...
hope this helps! worked for me anyways!
Ida