[Gate-users] source definition

Marcin Balcerzyk m.balcerzyk at pluri.ucm.es
Mon Aug 24 07:10:47 CEST 2009

Dear Ali.

Try using ion source of general type. The example to use Na-22 source is:

/gate/source/SourceNa/setActivity 0.000015 Ci

/gate/source/SourceNa/gps/particle ion

/gate/source/SourceNa/gps/ion 11 22 0 0

/gate/source/SourceNa/gps/monoenergy 0. keV

The funny monoenergy is for the kinetic energy of the ion. There is some
explanation of the "particle" command in section 7.2.2 Defining a type of
source of Users Guide v.5.0.0. If you run this definition of a source on
Gate (that happened with my old v.3.0.0) it will give you the info that some
files are missing -these are PhotonEvaporation data. Also add GEANT4
variable to your environment:

G4LEVELGAMMADATA=/opt/gate/geant48/data/PhotonEvaporation2.0 (it should
point to your directory)

Photon evaporation data are here
http://www.geant4.org/geant4/support/source/PhotonEvaporation.2.0.tar.gz
-thesea are ASCII files. Unpack them to the directory above in
G4LEVELGAMMADATA.

Ion source is slow, but contains all required data - as this is ascii file,
check in the Iodine 131 definition, if all what you need is there. Check if
this is for your version of Geant4, but my experience is that it does not
matter so much.

Marcin Balcerzyk

Universidad Compultense de Madrid

Message: 2