[Gate-users] Re : GATE on Windows XP

Nicholas Forwood nforwood at stvincents.com.au
Tue Aug 18 00:27:00 CEST 2009

Thanks Samuel. In the end that is precisely what I did with VirtualBox and Ubuntu. The installation was seemless except for the myriad of library packages I had to install however luckily Ubuntu has a system for installing and tracking packages.

>>> Samuel BURG <samuel_burg at yahoo.fr> 17/08/2009 4:54 pm >>>
Hi,

The easiest way to run GATE in Windows is to install ... linux ...
What I want to say is that you should consider installing QEMU / VirtualBox / VMware or an other vitualisation software, then create a linux virtual machine, install a Linux OS (you should use Ubuntu 8.4 +, x86) and then install GATE.

This work if you have at least 1GB Ram, so in fact any recent (or even not so recent) computer.
The perormace lost is about ... 1-5% ... not so much, an realy less than cigwin or thinks like that.

Samuel Burg

Mail : <samuel_burg at yahoo.fr>
"Aw, come on, who would be so stupid as to insert a cast
to make an error go away without actually fixing the error?"
Apparently everyone.
-- Raymond Chen --