[Gate-users] Empty gateCoincidences.dat in PETscanner System

Martín Belzunce martin.sure at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 04:14:32 CEST 2008

Hello Marlen,
I have created a hexagonal PET scanner of NaI, using the PETscanner
system. I am attaching the macro-file that I am running.
Although I am setting the flag to enable both ASCII and ROOT
Coincidence outputs, I get an empty file gateCoincidences.dat. The
file is created but it´s empty.
I processed the Singles file with Matlab, and I have plenty of
Coincidence Events.
I have checked that I am including the Coincidence Sorter in the
digitizer. Even more, I have run simulations of a similar PET  scanner
using the CylindricalPET sytem and I get a full gateCoincidences.dat
file. That´s why I suspect that there is a conflict in the way I use
the Coincidence Sorter for a PETscanner system.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Martín Belzunce