[Gate-users] comptonPhantom

Paola Solevi Paola.Solevi at mib.infn.it
Thu Mar 27 19:35:13 CET 2008

Dear Gate users,
in my simulation set-up I have an Aluminum box that contains the crystal
matrix.
Since I'm interested in studying the effect of the Al box on the detected
signal, I set the Al box as PhantomSD.
Is is true that the "comptonPhantom" flag gives the number of Compton
intractions experienced by the photon _before_ reaching the CrystalSD?

What happens if I have a first Compton in the crystal, a second
Compton in the Aluminium box and again a third interaction in the crystal?

Because what I found is that if I set the Aluminium box as made of Air,
the sensitivity (number of detected events with comptonPhantom==0) is
higher than the one of the housing made of Al.
And this can occur if comptonPhantom!=0 also when I have a first hit in
the crystal.

Thank you for your help,
best regards
 	Paola