[Gate-users] ROOT file merge...

Park MinJae MJ at ToTi.us
Thu Mar 13 08:20:42 CET 2008

Dear GATErs,

In these days, I've been working on ROOT file merging with sourceID
selection using root script, not FileMerger...

My code reads every events in gate, singles, hits chain... and fills into
new trees respectively...then write into new root file...

Hits, singles and gate tree in the merged file by my script are the same as
them in merged file by filemerger...

however, the root files processed by digigate are quite different...
the result root file by digigate using merged file by filemerger is exact
same as the merged file by filemerger...
the result root file by digigate using merged file by my script is quite
different from the merged file by my script...from increased event count to
different energy shape...
you can take a look at http://ftp.toti.us/gate/root_merging/

Is there more necessary information to use digigate? except gate, hits and
singles tree...

moreover, I tried to validate the energy spectrum shape of Tc-99m

http://ftp.toti.us/gate/root_merging/energy_spectrum_compare_root_merged_by_
filemerger_and_experiment.jpg
there is a peak at 100KeV at energy shape of experiment ...but I can't
figure it out...

http://ftp.toti.us/gate/root_merging/energy_spectrum_compare_root_merged_by_
script_and_experiment.jpg
however, there is more peaks at under 10KeV, 30KeV, 110KeV...

I guess 100KeV peak might be from superposition of 90KeV and 110KeV...
90KeV is characteristic x-ray from NaI crystal...
110KeV is characteristic x-ray from lead shielding...
however, the probability is quite low...

any idea about 100KeV peak?

thanks,
MJ

//  Park MinJae