[Gate-users] View of SPECT projection file result (gate.sin file)

Kris Thielemans kris.thielemans at csc.mrc.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 22:28:25 CEST 2008

Hi Sebnem

I'll confess straight away that I have hardly used GATE, and that I
certainly haven't used it for SPECT simulations

> During my SPECT simulation When I change my source location
> in the x or z direction, still I see in the projection
> (gate.sin) file, the projection view or spot can not move
> anywhere, I see at the center again. (I opened the gate.sin
> file with XMEDCON.
>
> Is that normal?

well, I don't know how GATE writes that file, nor how xmedcon opens it, but
if you only see data in the center, that's definitely not good.

> Actually, I am expecting that it shoud be move in the X or z
> direction...???

that'll depend. As the camera rotates (hopefully...), the source will not
always appear in the same position of course. If you would display the data
as a sinogram, you should see a half-sin shape. If you move it in axial
direction, that movement in the projection data should be more obvious.

> what is the reason of it?

ah well. plenty of things. Of course, your GATE macro could be wrong, or the
writing of the gate.sin could be wrong, or xmedcon could read it wrong... I
have no idea. Sorry.

Kris