[Gate-users] ncat voxel source problem

Susana Branco Silva susana.silva at fc.ul.pt
Tue Jul 1 16:57:25 CEST 2008

Hi Ali!

You have to be careful with two things:

1st: GATE can’t read float data (32 bit)! So you'll need to convert your
phantom file to unsigned integer (16 bit) format (with IDL or MATLAB for
instance).

The NCAT program produces bin files in float data
 Do you did the
conversion?

Don’t forget to check you image conversion before launch your simulation
 If
all scripts are well defined and you got a total of 0 voxels, probably is
because the conversion wasn't done correctly.

2nd: The ActivityRange.dat file is where you define the activity
distribution inside the phantom (for each voxel or voxels range) = match
activity values to the voxels number/range,...., is the definition of the
voxelized source in your simulation!

You have the information about the voxels numbers (assigned an each organ or
tissue) in the parameters file on the NCAT program. The same information is
reproduced in the log file at the moment of the generation of the phantom
files by the program.

You can also check this values if you visualize your phantom file, using an
image software... If you didn’t define these values correctly, it could be
the reason of your problem.

Hope this help you.

Cheers,

Susana Branco Silva

untitled

Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa

Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa, Portugal
Phone: (+351) 21 750 01 77 ext.: 20515
Fax:  (+351) 21 750 00 30

 <mailto:susana.silva at fc.ul.pt> email: susana.silva at fc.ul.pt