[Gate-users] gjm Warning: Overlapping Singles time

Hannes Hofmann opengate at f00f.de
Thu Jan 31 19:55:38 CET 2008

Hello,

when merging my output I get many warning like the following:

Warning - overlapping Singles time (100.188) in file: gate1604.root

You should know that I created the split file with an own script, because
I can not merge all jobs at once. See below for the entry for this
specific file.

I never had this before and am wondering where it may come from. My
simulation has 9600 jobs for 600 seconds, that's 16 jobs per s or 0.0625 s
per job. Maybe some component does not have enough precision and the
warning is due to a rounding error?

And, most important: does the warning mean anything harmful? Will the data
be altered to fit into the time boundaries of the job? Or will the Single
just be copied? That would be the prefered way, of course.

Thanks for helping,
Hannes