RE : [Gate-users] 2 rsectors in the same cylindricalPET scanner ?

JAN Sebastien sebastien.jan at cea.fr
Mon Jan 21 22:22:40 CET 2008

Hi,

I agree with Simon. By the way, if you send us your macro, don't forget to give details (directly in the macro file) on what you want to do.

Cheers
Sebastien

________________________________

De: gate-users-bounces at lists.healthgrid.org de la part de Simon Stute
Date: lun. 21/01/2008 19:53
À: Fernando Rannou
Cc: gate-users at lists.healthgrid.org; anayisse arnaud
Objet : Re: [Gate-users] 2 rsectors in the same cylindricalPET scanner ?

Hi,

2008/1/21, Fernando Rannou <rannou at diinf.usach.cl>:

	I don't think cylindricalPET is made for that.
	Eventually, you will need to attach the two different volumes
	them to "rsector" (if you care to know which rsector the interaction
	occurred) and as far as I know you can attach only one volume
	to rsector.

Fernando is right. I did not have a look to the source code but I think when you attach a volume to rsector, the pointer representing the volume is transmitted to the rsector, so when you attach two volumes to rsector, only the second will be attached to.
An alternative to your problem (if you don't use module and submodule for example) is to define a volume representing the module to the half of your rsector and to repeat it twice, so you can have two 'rsector' except that their names are 'module' !

If we don't answer to your question, could you describe more precisely what do you want to do ? Because I think that it is probably feasible.

Cheers,
Simon

	Fernando
	On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 17:12 +0000, anayisse arnaud wrote:
	> Hi,
	>
	> But submodule belongs to module, I want to build two separated rsector volumes that belong to the same scanner.
	>
	> For example, can I define rsector1 and resctor2  within the same cylindricalPET scanner ? does it exist ?
	>
	> Thank you
	>
	> anayisse
	>
	> ________________________________
	> > Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:33:37 +0100
	> > From: gate.stute at gmail.com
	> > To: anayisse_arnaud at hotmail.com
	> > Subject: Re: [Gate-users] 2 rsectors ?
	> > CC: gate-users at lists.healthgrid.org
	> >
	> > Hi,
	> >
	> > 2008/1/18, anayisse arnaud <anayisse_arnaud at hotmail.com>:
	> >
	> > Hi,
	> >
	> > I mean, can I attach 2 different volumes to a one rsector ?
	> >
	> > But what do you mean ? You want to divide your rsector in two part ? Because in this case, module and submodule are made for that ! What is your real idea in real words (without rsector, etc) ?
	> >
	> > Simon
	> >
	> > Anayisse
	> >
	> >
	> > ________________________________
	> >> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:22:49 +0100
	> >> From: gate.stute at gmail.com
	> >> To: anayisse_arnaud at hotmail.com
	> >> Subject: Re: [Gate-users] 2 rsectors ?
	> >> CC: gate-users at lists.healthgrid.org
	> >>
	> >> Hi Anayisse,
	> >>
	> >> 2008/1/18, anayisse arnaud <anayisse_arnaud at hotmail.com>:
	> >>
	> >> Dear Gate Users,
	> >>
	> >> Help please !
	> >>
	> >> is it possible to define 2 rsectors ? or 2 modules ? etc.
	> >>
	> >> What would you mean exactly ? To define two scan ?
	> >>
	> >> Simon
	> >>
	> >> Thank you very much
	> >>
	> >> Anayisse

	y se considera que está limpio.
	MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.