[Gate-users] CylindricalPET inside a large lead box or cylinder ?

Sanae Rechka Sanae.Rechka at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Jan 25 00:54:00 CET 2008

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your answer,

- But if we define the world material to lead, can we record Hits in the world
material ?  even If Gate only stores hits for those volumes attached to a
sensitive detector and belonging to a system.  And system should be one of the
systems defined in page 48 of the Gate users Guide (which mean CylindricalPET,
SPECT, ECAT, etc...) ?????

- for the second solution : to define a big lead box over your CylindricalPET,
in lead your gammas will be stopped before traversing one mm ! so they won't
escape from your box and you will not be able to see them after.

This is Ok, it's what I need. But can we record Hits in the Box over the scanner
? because according to the GATE users Guide we can only record Hits in volumes
belonging to the scanner ? isn't it ?

Sanae