[Gate-users] Problem: simulation stopped before end of acquisition time was reached

Wencke Lehnert W.Lehnert at usyd.edu.au
Mon Jan 7 04:25:24 CET 2008

Dear GATE users,

I have been running a GATE simulation for a PET acquisition. It was
supposed to be an acquisition of 240s, but looking at the time mark of
the last event and the total number of decays in the gateRun.dat file it
was only running for 108s. I didn't get an error message or anything,
the end of the simulation looked normal. I had most of the outputs
disabled except for the coincidences flag for the ASCII and root output.
The file size for the ASCII coincidence file was 234MB, the root output
file was 55MB. I didn't change any settings for data output like max.
file sizes or anything. I have attached my output-start macro (one of
the macros called from my main macro).

Can anyone help? Please let me know if you need any additional
information!

Thank you!

Wencke

Wencke Lehnert, MSc

Discipline of Medical Radiation Sciences

and

Ramaciotti Centre for Brain Imaging

Brain & Mind Research Institute

University of Sydney