[Gate-users] Random Numbers

Sanae Rechka Sanae.Rechka at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Feb 13 16:41:15 CET 2008

Dear Gate Users,

I have noticed some thing important :

I used the command /gate/output/root/setSaveRndmFlag 0 (0 instead of 1)
to maintain the same random numbers for my simulations. And I changed just
the energy resolution from a simulation to an other, when I compared the
gateHits.dat files, also gateSingles.dat files, the events IDS at the beginning
of the files are the same, but at the end of files they are not similar, the
random number changed and I didn't get the same events ....  ????

Can you help me please understand what is happening ?

Looking forward to your answer
Thank you very much

Sanae