[Gate-users] Gate 3.1.2 vs Gate 4.0

kangh at mskcc.org kangh at mskcc.org
Wed Dec 31 16:32:40 CET 2008

Hi Seb and gate users,

I rad simulation jobs with the same macro with Gate 3.1.2 and Gate 4.0
separately.  Following figures show the results of sinogramS and
sinogramTheta. I ran a voxelized phantom and source to generate these
plots.
In my previous email, I asked whether the difference I saw in those two
parameters might come from using the fictitious tracking algorithm.  I
think there are basic differences between two versions as shown in the
figures.   The peak at 0 of the plot of sinogramS for Gate3.1.2 becomes
less distinct for Gate 4.0.  Also, the dip around 180 degrees for
sinogramTheta becomes bigger for Gate 4.0.  This is the same tendency I
saw with the fictitious tracking option.   Did anyone see the difference
between two versions? Also, are  these differences expected or not
important?

Thanks and happy new year!

Hyejoo

            <<Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>>

       <<Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>>

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.