[Gate-users] read the CT scan raw data

Xu, Jerry YXU11 at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Dec 11 16:29:12 CET 2008

Hi, Gater

  Not sure this is the right place to post this question,...but is there any
open source / free libraries we can use to read the DICOM  CT scan file, so that
I can easily extract the raw informant such as header and HU values from the
files?   And I need to link this library in MS Visual Studio 2005 in Windows
environment. Anybody has such experience? I googled around, but only found old
ones that can only work with VC++6  or linux environment. There is SDK provided
from LEADTOOL for modern systems but it is not cheap..  ...

  If I have to write my own C/C++code to read the raw DICOM information, how
much effort it will be, anybody has such experience and might want to share ?
Thanks

Jerry

dispose of the e-mail.