[Gate-users] Gate - cannot open macro

Ravindranath, Bosky bosky at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 25 18:25:40 CEST 2007

Hi Everybody,

I'm having some trouble getting the benchmark macros to run. Every component( Geant4, ROOT and Gate) appeared to have been installed successfully until I tried to execute  benchmarkPET macro.
I enabled the G4ANALYSIS_USE_ROOT_PLOTTER in the env_gate.sh file and changed the visualisation parameters to
#/vis/disable
/control/execute visu.mac
 in the benchmarkPET.mac file.

ROOTSYS was set to point to the ROOT folder and I recomplied the gate files after doing so.

OS: Scientific Linux 4.5
Geant version : 4.9 patch 01
Gate version: 3.1.2
ROOT version : 5.17.04
CLHEP version: 2.0.3.1

Following are the commands and the corresponding errors I got:

1)
PreInit> /control/execute benchmarkPET.mac
/control/execute benchmarkPET.mac
***** Can not open a macro file <benchmarkPET.mac>

2) Tried the same command but this time without the .mac extension

PreInit> /control/execute benchmarkPET
/control/execute benchmarkPET
***** Can not open a macro file <benchmarkPET>

3)
[root at localhost benchmarks]$ Gate benchmarkPET.mac

 Geant4 version Name: geant4-09-00-patch-01    (28-August-2007)
                      Copyright : Geant4 Collaboration
                      Reference : NIM A 506 (2003), 250-303
                            WWW : http://cern.ch/geant4 <http://cern.ch/geant4>

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "Materials.xml"
   GateMaterialDatabase: did not find the Materials.xml file: no properties read for material 'Air'
     This is only a problem when OPTICAL PHOTONS are transported in this material.'
Visualization Manager instantiating...
Visualization Manager initialising...
Registering graphics systems...

You have successfully registered the following graphics systems.
Current available graphics systems are:
  ASCIITree (ATree)
  DAWNFILE (DAWNFILE)
  G4HepRep (HepRepXML)
  G4HepRepFile (HepRepFile)
  RayTracer (RayTracer)
  VRML1FILE (VRML1FILE)
  VRML2FILE (VRML2FILE)
  OpenGLImmediateX (OGLIX)
  OpenGLStoredX (OGLSX)
  RayTracerX (RayTracerX)

Registering model factories...

You have successfully registered the following model factories.
Registered model factories:
  generic
  drawByCharge
  drawByParticleID
  drawByOriginVolume
  drawByAttribute

Registered filter factories:
  chargeFilter
  particleFilter
  originVolumeFilter
  attributeFilter

Time set to (s) 0
Could not find macro file 'benchmarkPET.mac'! Ignored!
Graphics systems deleted.
Visualization Manager deleting...

4)

***** Illegal parameter (0) <> *****