[Gate-users] Re: Error installing Geant4.9.0 on Ubuntu 7.10

Maria Holstensson Maria.Holstensson at icr.ac.uk
Mon Dec 10 11:56:39 CET 2007

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply Simon. I've now re-installed the
packages you recommended. Please find attached my latest log of the
installation attached in this email (g4make5.log). This time I can't see
what the error is specifically? There are no lines saying 'no such file
or directory'.

This is after I re-installed my mesa packages. Those are:

libgl1-mesa-dev (latest version) (A free implementation of the OpenGL
API -- GLX development files)
libgl1-mesa-dre (latest version) (A free implementation of the OpenGL
API -- DRI modules)
libgl1-mesa-glx (latest version) (A free implementation of the OpenGL
API -- GLX runtime)
libglu1-mesa (latest version) (The OpenGL utility library (GLU))
libglu1-mesa-dev (latest version) (The OpenGL utility library --
development files)
libgtkgl2.0-1 (latest version) (Gimp Toolkit OpenGL area widget shared
library)
libgtkgl2.0-dev (latest version) (Gimp Toolkit OpenGL area widget
include files and static library)
libosmesa6 (latest version) (Mesa Off-screen rendering extension)
libosmesa6-dev (latest version) (Mesa Off-screen rendering extension --
development files)
mesa-common-dev (latest version) (Developer documentation for Mesa)
mesa-swx11-source (latest version) (Mesa software rasteriser source --
development files)
mesa-utils (latest version) (Miscellaneour Mesa GL utilities)
xlibmesa-dri (latest version) (transitional package for Debian etch)
xlibmesa-gl (latest version) (transitional package for Debian etch)
xlibmesa-gl-dev (latest version) (transitional package for Debian etch)
xlibmesa-glu (latest version) (transitional package for Debian etch)

The re-installed xpm-packages are:

libxpm4 (latest version) (X11 pixmap library)
libxpm4-dbg (latest version) (X11 pixmap library (debug package))
libxpm4-dev (latest version) (X11 pixmap library (development headers))
xpmutils (latest version) (X11 pixmap utilities)

Do you have any idea what I can do differently?

Out of interest, I have attached the log file from the first
installation as well (g4make_first.log). This may give more clues to
what is missing (it has more error messages).

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Maria

>>> "Simon Stute" <gate.stute at gmail.com> 12/08/07 1:04 AM >>>
Hi Maria,

When you get this error, that usually means that some C++ headers are
missing. So check out some lines before this message and you should see
kind of message that says : *****.h not such file or directory.
Then you have to install this file with its corresponding library
(usually
the library is already installed (in Ubuntu) but you have to install the
'devel' package (with 'aptget' in command line or 'synaptic' in GUI in
Ubuntu)) So you have to search for the corresponding package but I can't
help you if I don't know what kind of header is missing. Nevertheless,
it's
look like that you have some missing package in your X11 directory
(graphical package), so I think that according to my experience, you
have to
reinstall the 'mesa' package (in Ubuntu), and/or maybe (I say maybe ...)
the
Xpm library (and its 'devel' package).
It would be better if we could see all your 'print out' error messages.

Cheers,
Simon

2007/12/7, Maria Holstensson <Maria.Holstensson at icr.ac.uk>:

> Dear Gate users,
>
> I'm in the process of installing Gate 3.1.2 on a laptop with Ubuntu
> 7.10. I've come to the stage of installing Geant 4.9.0. After the
> './Configure -build' procedure I get these error messages:
>
> /usr/include/Xm/Xm.h:827: error: 'XPContext' does not name a type
> /usr/include/X11/extensions/Print.h:46: error: 'XPFinishProc' has not
> been declared
>
> Has anyone had the same error messages or have any idea how I can get
> around them?
>
> Any hints or tips very much appreciated!
>
> Thanks in beforehand,
> Maria Holstensson
>

> The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a charitable
> Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England under Company No.
534147
> with its Registered Office at 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP.
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
 If