[Gate-users] difference between /gps/position and /gps/center ?

Chen, Yu Yu.Chen at umassmed.edu
Tue Dec 4 15:39:29 CET 2007

The command /gps/center is for a volume of source.
The /gps/position is for single particle.

If you want a particle source from one point, you can use
/gps/position + /gps/direction to define your particle beam.

Otherwise, if you specify a shape of source, you have to use
/gps/center to put it into whatever you want position.Then
gps will randomly choose position in your defined volume for
each particle.

Yu Chen, Ph.D.
Division of Nuclear Medicine
55 Lake Avenue North