[Gate-users] Problem with gjm when Gate tree is missing

Hannes Hofmann opengate at f00f.de
Mon Dec 3 13:02:07 CET 2007

Hello,

in order to save disc space I have disabled the ntuple output (Gate tree
in the .root file). When I run gjm after my jobs have completed I get
the following output:

$ gjm my.split
  Combining: my1.root my2.root ... -> my.root
Gate is empty!
Problem with merging Gate
$

Now I wonder if this message is just informative or if gjm aborts after
it. The other trees (Singles and Hits) look fine, but maybe it is just a
conincidence because the appear before the Gate tree and get merged
before the problem occurs?

Btw, gjm does not complain that any other tree like SingesBlurred etc.
is empty.

Is gjm safe in case when a tree is empty?

Thanks,
Hannes