[Gate-users] How to model kinetics of different ROIs

dimitris dimitris at univ-brest.fr
Wed Apr 25 17:09:33 CEST 2007

Hi Sara,

the only way you can do that at the moment with the current release is
by simply launching multiple simulations at different time points of
your TAC.

We have already created the necessary classes that will do that in a
real fashion for both physiological motion on the voxellised phantoms
and TACs at different organs or ROIs. This work was presented in the
IEEE MIC meeting last year (see proceedings paper attached) and it is
currently undergoing further validation. Although the paper describes
the implementation with the NCAT phantom it is equally possible to do
that with any 4D patient datasets. It will be part of one of the future
releases of GATE but at this point it has not been fixed. In the
meantime if you have specific applications in mind you may want to take
part in our validation studies.

Best regards

Dimitris

TONG Shan wrote:
> Dear GATE users,
>
> I'd like to do incorporate the kinetics of different ROIs into GATE. With
> tracer kinetics modeling, time activity of differnet regions can be
> predefined. After that, I'd like to do Monte Carlo simulations for the
> imaging process.
>
> I'm not sure if GATE can include the kinetics into the simulation. Can
> anyone with such experiences give me some information?
>
> Regards
>
> Sara

---------------------------------
Dimitris Visvikis,
U650 INSERM,
National Institute of Health and Medical Research,
Laboratoire de Traitement d'Information Medicale (LaTIM),
Equipe 'Quantification en Tomographie d'Emission',
CHU Morvan,
5 avenue Foch,
29609 Brest, France

Tel: +33(0)298018114