[gate-users] Problems running Gate

Fernando Rannou rannou at diinf.usach.cl
Tue May 16 19:31:05 CEST 2006

Just for the record,
I found the problem and it was neither.
I missed to put the "mm" units in the source.

/gate/source/HotCylinder/gps/radius 8 mm
/gate/source/HotCylinder/gps/halfz 10              <------HERE
/gate/source/HotCylinder/gps/angtype iso
/control/execute Verbose.mac
/control/verbose 0
Time set to (s) 0
G4VRangeToEnergyConverter::ConvertCutToKineticEnergy   for e-...

But the system did not complain. Is this correct?
is there a unit by default?

Thanks for your help

Fernando

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 13:34 -0700, Richard Taschereau wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> I’ve had that problem before.  The message is issued by one of the LMF
> modules: makeid.c.  If you are using an unusual scanner geometry that
> might confuse the module, which is trying to build some identification
> (possibly  crystald ID/layer) from the ring #, sector, module, etc
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Richard
>
> On 5/16/06 8:45 AM, "Fernando Rannou" <rannou at diinf.usach.cl> wrote:
>
>         Hello
>         Please take a look at the error messages at the end of this
>         email.
>         Is the segmentation violation produced by the ERROR in
>         G4VisManager
>         or because of the "M is too big ..."?
>
>         Anyway, I'm lost in both cases. Any help?
>
>         Fernando
>
>         WARNING: Scene "refresh" not found.
>           /vis/scene/list to see scenes.
>         ERROR: G4VisManager::IsValidView(): Vis manager but no
>         graphics system.
>           Suppress instantiation of vis manager (G4VisExecutive) or
>           use "/vis/open" or "/vis/sceneHandler/create".
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 1 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 6 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 6 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 2 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 5 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 2 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 2 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 1 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 4 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 3 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 2 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 6 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 3 Max < 1
>
>         M is too big to make the ID : M = 3 Max < 1
>
>          *** Break *** segmentation violation
>

> --
> Richard Taschereau, Ph.D.
> CRUMP Institute for Molecular Imaging
> University of California Los Angeles
> 700 Westwood Plaza A222
> Los Angeles, CA 90095-1770
> Phone: (310) 825-0697
> Fax:     (310) 206-8975
> email: RTaschereau at mednet.ucla.edu

> IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended
> for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may
> contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the
> recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and
> confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain
> confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you
> are not the recipient, please immediately notify us by return email,
> and delete this message from your computer.

y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.