[gate-users] OPENGL difficulties

Rebecca Gregory Rebecca.Gregory at icr.ac.uk
Mon May 8 18:56:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

I had finally installed GATE and run the benchmark successfully.
However, I now can't get the visualisation to work.

The command
/vis/open OGLIX
just returns;

PreInit> /vis/open OGLIX
/vis/open OGLIX
1 OpenGLImmediateX scene handlers extanct.
Got standard cmap
Window name: viewer-0 (OpenGLImmediateX)

at this point it has brought up a window titled 'viewer-0
(OpenGLImmediateX)' but doesn't return to the PreInit prompt. I think it
is crashing. The only way I can move on is to type Ctl+C and come out of
GATE.

All the visualisation works fine with the Geant examples.
I've set the environment variables
export G4VIS_BUILD_OPENGLX_DRIVER=1
export G4VIS_USE_OPENGLX=1

Can anyone suggest anything else I need to try to get this working?

Thanks,
Becky

Rebecca Gregory
Nuclear Medicine Physicist