[gate-users] Very low number of scatter in GE Discovery

Schmidtlein, Ross/Sloan-Kettering Institute schmidtr at mskcc.org
Tue Mar 7 17:40:26 CET 2006

Hi Mikhail,

Is this the discovery ST or LS?  I have done some simulations with each
and in 3D mode I have gotten agreement within ~1-2% with NEMA94 and 2001
SF.  My first guess is that you have not set your phantom as a sensitive
volume and as a result few or no Compton hit's are scored.

Also, looking over your digitizer I have noticed a few values that may
be off.  If you are using detector blocks in a cylindrical PET type
system then in readout set depth should be 2.  In addition the energy
resolution are given in the literature for the DLS is about 20% and DST
is 17%.  The energy window you are using may be a little wide.  However,
these are minor issues and will only alter your SF by a few percent.

Cheers,

ross