[Gate-users] Attachments

S G sweta_indbhavan at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 15 12:20:16 CEST 2006

Dear all concerned,

  I have quite a few favours to ask.

  Firstly, I am unable to download attachments from usergroup. I can log in with my username and password but cannot get a single attachment to open in the last two days.

  To Magdalena: I would appreciate if you can send me the referrence to the ICS paper so that I can try and locate it from the journals.

  To Dirk:  Can you please send me the seeds.zip file used to create a independent random numbers for GATE simulations [referrenced to message on thread from June 2005]? my email is sweta dot parker at ucl dot ac dot uk.

  Lastly, I need help on the following. I am having trouble using ascii input when reading a voxellized phantom.

  For the phantom:
  /gate/world/daughters/name Phantom
  /gate/world/daughters/insert parameterizedBoxMatrix

  /gate/Phantom/geometry/insertReader image       # to read ascii file as input
  /gate/Phantom/imageReader/insertTranslator range
  /gate/Phantom/imageReader/insertTranslator/readTable range.dat  # use to define materials in phantom

  /gate/Phantom/imageReader/linearTranslator/describe 1
  /gate/Phantom/imageReader/readFile voxelPhantom_ascii.dat

  My range.dat is =>
  2
  0   0       Air       0.0 0.0 0.0 0.2
  0   60    Water    0.0 0.0 1.0 0.2

  Now my ascii file - voxelPhantom_ascii.dat file can only take one row with values 1 1 1 and puts a cube inside world. Anything else GATE complains! The errors are "Material translation not found" and "Dimensions too small".

  My question is what should be in the voxelPhantom_ascii.dat file fo reading  ASCII data?

  I use Geant4.7 with Gate2.2.

  Thanks in advance.

  Cheers,
  Sweta