[Gate-users] Problem on benchmarkPET

Tae Hyong Kim thkim7 at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Jul 12 20:47:33 CEST 2006

Hi.

I have tried to run benchmarkPET and I found some error and warning
messages as following.

   Creating new system based on volume inserter 'cylindricalPET'
   GateMaterialDatabase: did not load properties table for material
'Lead',
     but this need not be a problem.'
   GateMaterialDatabase: did not load properties table for material
'Tungsten',
     but this need not be a problem.'
   GateMaterialDatabase: did not load properties table for material 'BGO',
     but this need not be a problem.'

   GateMaterialDatabase: did not load properties table for material
'Water',
     but this need not be a problem.'
G4ProcessManager::GetAttribute(): particle[GenericIon]
  index out of range
  #processes[3]  index [-1]
G4ProcessManager::GetAttribute(): particle[GenericIon]
  index out of range
  #processes[3]  index [-1]
WARNING !
 SetCutValueForOthers became obsolete.
 It is harmless to remove this invokation without any side effects.
 This dummy method implementation will be removed soon.
 Ignoring confine condition
 Ignoring confine condition
GateSourceMgr::ListSources: List of the sources in the source managaer

First, could you let me know what the problem on this benchmark is?
It seems to me that Gate could not find Materials properly.
So I copy Materials.xml and GateMaterials.db to my working directory.
But, I still have the same messages when I run benchmarkPET.
I also set the G4version variable as following.
G4VERSION=8.0
G4WORKDIR=/san1/projects/nucmed/rutaoyao/gate/gate_3.0/geant4.8.0.p01

Second, I am wondering that these messages could be ignored or not if this
did not give severe bad effects on the result of a simulation.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Taehyong Kim