[Gate-users] Gate instalation

markos g ts markosg.ts at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 23:52:05 CEST 2006

Dear all...

       I study physics at the Aristotel Univercity of Thessaloniki and I
have to work on Gate for a paper. I joind gate-users a month ago and I am
still trying to figure out how I 'm gonna install Gate 3.0.0 to my pc.
      The problem I have is that I 've never used LINUX before in my life. I
installed Ubuntu (LINUX) and I tryed to run GEANT4. Then I saw that a
compiler (gcc 4.0) was needed. Then I figured that "clhep 2.0.2.2" was
needed too a "root 5.xx" and an "Imf 3.0".  I got them all from the source
code of the gate-users site but I don't have a clue what these things are
and I don't know how to make them run as well.
      So what I want to ask you is if there are LINUX that have already
installed the compiler that is required (and maby the clhep too) because I
just don't know how to configure on LINUX.
      You see I am not just a begginer. I am far more than a begginer but I
don't have anyone to explain me basic things for LINUX.
Any advise whould be apreciated.

Markos Tsiatouras