[Gate-users] GATE workshop at MIC

Irène Buvat buvat at imed.jussieu.fr
Tue Aug 1 00:32:11 CEST 2006

Dear Lakshal and Gate users,

>I'm trying to organise my travel plans for NSS-MIC and was wondering
>if anyone has any information about the proposed GATE workshop which
>was advertised a little while ago. Was there enough interest for
>another workshop to be run and where might this be held?
>
>Thanks for any clarification

2 points :

1) there will be a Gate workshop during the IEEE MIC meeting, to be
announced soon on the MIC Web site (I am  currently arranging the
last details with the MIC program chair). The workshop will actually
be held on Saturday evening Nov 4th, at 5:30 pm. This will be a
meeting for having the Gate users meet together and meet the OpenGATE
collaboration members, to share their experience, present and discuss
their use and results with Gate, give their opinion about Gate and
ideas for further improvements and developments in Gate. The members
of the OpenGATE collaboration will also give an update of on-going
developments in Gate, of new features that have been recently added,
and on planned developments with expected time schedule. However,
this won't be by any mean a training session. All gate users are
invited to participate to this workshop and will be given the
opportunity to present their use of Gate and their developments in
Gate during the workshop. A precise announcement of the workshop,
with all practical details, will be made soon, both on the MIC web
site and on the gate-user mailing list.

2) there will be another Gate training session, but we haven't
reached yet the critical number of potential attendees (we need twice
more than the number we can actually welcome, so that we are sure to
get a sufficient number of attendees when the training will take
place, accounting for the number of interested people who won't be
able to come at the planned date and place) to start planning it (for
instance, to decide whether it will be held in Europe or North
America). If we have about 10 more people showing interest in the
training by september, we should be able to organize the training
session beginning of 2007. More details on the gate-user mailing list
as soon as things get organized.

Thanks again for your interest in Gate, and we hope to see you in San
Diego during the Gate Workshop at the IEEE MIC.

Irene Buvat, for the OpenGate collaboration
--
Irene Buvat, PhD
Equipe "Imagerie de la perfusion et des échanges moléculaires"
email : buvat at imed.jussieu.fr
http://www.guillemet.org/irene