[gate-users] Voxel Interfile reader

Mutanga Theodore muathe02 at student.umu.se
Wed Oct 19 12:42:41 CEST 2005

Greetings,
I wish to find out if it is possible for the gate interfile reader to read
images other than unsinged integers ? I have kcreated a phantom from CT
and I used Xmedcon to convert that to interfile 3.3 but there is some
problems with the byte order.

When I save it as unsigned integer (u8 format in medcon) the gate reader
always fails with an error message that the image data is twice smaller
than what was calculated from header. Also when dump the pixle values to
screen I notice the supposedly unsigned u8 data still have signs.

ON the other hand if I save my data as int16 ( singned integer)  The gate
interfile reader reads it correctly but then I get the error that singed
integer is an unrecognized keyword.

I have my phantom in Analyze format perhaps someone knows another program
that can rewrite my the data into the interfile 3.3 format.
The funny thing is when I convert the image using xmedcom to a plain ascii
file, and dump the pixels to screen the values are correct with no signs.

I would like to hear from anyone with suggestions maybe there is a way to
recompile GATE to be able to read even signed integers.

Cheers

Theo