[gate-users] Bi-modality in one simulation

Thomas Carlier thomas.carlier at chu-nantes.fr
Tue Nov 8 19:00:55 CET 2005

Dear all,

Just a basic question concerning the possibility to simulate two types
of detector in one simulation.
Is it possible to attach two different geometries (say a cylindricalPET
+ a box for instance) with each a different detection medium ?

We would like to add to an already simulated µPET device a new detection
medium whose geometry is defined as a box and coupled to one side of the
µPET.
My question is basically, is it possible to perform such a simulation
without too much effort (i.e. by adding a specific class or deriving an
existing class) ?

Thank you so much for your help

Thomas Carlier
University Hospital