[gate-users] Counts vs. time slice

Dirk Kruecker d.kruecker at fz-juelich.de
Wed May 18 09:35:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

I guess you have defined a timeStop  by

/gate/application/setTimeSlice     1  s
/gate/application/setTimeStart     0.  s
/gate/application/setTimeStop      1  s

If you now set the activity by

/gate/source/twogamma/setActivity 10000. becquerel

and then ask GATE to simulate a large number of events the program must stop
after 1 simulated second and cannot create more than about activity*time
events.

If you set TimeSLice to a large value

/gate/application/setTimeSlice     1000000  s

it will work.

Dirk