[gate-users] help on how to define a PET system

yuxuan.zhang at di.mdacc.tmc.edu yuxuan.zhang at di.mdacc.tmc.edu
Thu Mar 3 16:44:16 CET 2005

hi,

I am recently trying to simulate a PET camera system, however,
I got problem on defining the system.

Two difficulties are:
1. My camera is not axial symmetric, thus I can not use "cylindricalPET"
system,
2. the detector sectors consist of two type of blocks, the pixel size of
these two
   blocks are different. When I tried to define the geometry using
"scanner" system,
   I had to define two modules in the same level. But after that I cannot
attach
   them to the same level in "scanner" system. It seems that GATE only
allow one
   module to be attached to one level.

Is there anyone can give me some advice in this situation
(non-axial-symmetric and
different block sizes)? It's enough for me even if only the singles output
can be
achieved, because I can do the coincidence sorting by myself.

Thanks,

Yuxuan