[gate-users] defining a perfect detector in GATE

Bastien Gu é rin guerin at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 1 17:44:45 CEST 2005

Dear all,

Thanks a million for reading this e-mail! I have another question which
seems naive so hopefully some of you have the answer.

Do you know if there is a way to define a perfect PET detector with Gate,
with infinite spatial and energy resolutions and infinite geometric
efficiency? I'd like to use such a detector to produce sinograms and spectra
characteristic of interactions occuring IN THE OBJECT only, not in the real
camera.
The ultimate solution is to produce ascii output of interactions occuring in
the object and to convert that into "outgoing coincidences" organized in
sinograms - with my own code, but I am looking for a more simple solution
using existing code.
I am very interrested in any solution, idea or suggestion!

Thank you so much for your support.

Regards,

BG

----

Bastien Guérin
PhD st., physics, adv. Dr El Fakhri
dpt of Radiology, div. of Nuclear Medicine
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Boston