[gate-users] Image Reconstruction of Gate output

Kris Thielemans kris.thielemans at csc.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 12:00:20 CET 2005

Hi Theo

> I don't know if this is more a STIR issue but it concerns
> reconstruction from GATE cylindrical PET system using the
> codes from Sadek.

Well, it's a STIR issue, but on GATE data...

> I have modified the codes replacing DLS things with DST
> things and then I used creat_projdata template to generate a
> header file. Using manip_prodata, I can view the sinograms,
> but when I try to use any of the reconstruction tools, (FBP2D
> , FBP3DRP , OSMAPSL ) I get a segmentation fault, can you
> help me trace the source of the problem ?

That shouldn't happen obviously, even with crappy data. However, I have
no clue where/why it happens with the info you give me. You will have to
build the debug version of STIR and run it one of the tools in debug
mode to at least see where it crashes. This goes as follows:

gdb /whereever/it/is/FBP2D
gdb> cd /wherever/the/data/is
gdb> r myparameterfile
(wait till segmentation fault)
gdb> info stack
(some more gdb commands)
gdb> quit

Ideally you then have a look at the value of some of the variables (use
"p variablename"), maybe after moving up the call-stack ("up").

However, before you go that way, try
- list_projdata_info to see if you and STIR agree on what the data
siezes etc are.
- use display_projdata (or manip_projdata) to look at all segments (not
just a few).

Good luck!

Kris