[gate-users] Image Reconstruction of Gate output

Mutanga Theodore muathe02 at student.umu.se
Sun Jan 2 12:53:45 CET 2005

Greetings Kris
Thanks for the mail, I read through the Stir code for Scanners.cxx and
found out that you have have a different setting for the bucket geometry.
>From what I have found out it seems the DST has 35 buckets , repeated in a
circle, and each bucket is a 2 * 8 (transaxial * axial) array of blocks ,
and each block is a 6 * 6 array of crystals. I have calculated this
formula from the data I have from the data sheets of the DST scanner.
NB: In Gate the rsector is equivalent to  bucket, and the module is
equivalent to block
This is the only way I think it can be arraned so that it has 35
modules(buckets) and 24 crystal rings.
What I am not sure now is if in 2D mode we have the tungsten septa
inbetween the crystals or in between the blocks.
About the fwdtest, I also thought it was better to use create_projdata
after reading about it in the manual. I will try that now and see what
happens with Sadeks code for the DLS that I have modified.

Happy New year to you .

theodore