[gate-users] gcc-3.4 compiler problems & spblurring

Christian Wietholt cwietholt at nhri.org.tw
Mon Aug 8 10:45:05 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I just downloaded the latest version of GATE (2.2.0). I also got all the other
required software in the required versions. When compiling GATE on my Debian
3.1 system using gcc-3.4 as recommended, GATE's memory usage keeps increasing
until all memory is used, and the program quites. So I compiled GATE with
gcc-3.3, and everything seems to be working fine. Am I the only person
experiencing this kind of problem with 2.2.0?

I am not sure if this is connected, but when I run my pinhole simulation with
a point source, I would like to simulated different amount of detector blurr
using spblurring in the digitizer. After reading the data from the ASCII
file, the spatial blurring seems to only increase in the y dimension, and z
is uneffected. I computed the standard deviation of the globalPosY and
globalPosZ from gateSingles.dat, to verify. Same result, the standard
deviation in globalPosY is higher than for globalPosZ. The magnitude depends
on the amount of spatial blurring.

I appreciate any advice I can get.

Best Regards,

Christian