[gate-users] coincidences from hits and singles

Fernando Rannou rannou at diinf.usach.cl
Thu Aug 4 14:06:29 CEST 2005

Hello
I'm trying to use DigiGate to produce coincidences
from hits and also from singles, but I get two very different
results. This is what I do:

1) run the experiment and collect only hits with:
/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlags 1
/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag 0
/gate/output/root/setRootCoincidencesFlag 0
2) run exactly the same experiment and collect only singles with
/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlags 0
/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag 1
/gate/output/root/setRootCoincidencesFlag 0
3) run DigiGate on each ROOT output (with gate.root as input)
and produce only coincidences as outputs, with:
/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlags 0
/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag 0
/gate/output/root/setRootCoincidencesFlag 1

I get no coincidences from the singles data file. I'm
not expecting to get the same results, but something similar in the
statistical sense, because the experiment parameters (Activity, time,
etc, are the same)

Has anybody histogram coincidences from singles with DigiGate?

Thanks for any suggestions

Fernando